Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day! Soldier Workout!

After a couple days off, it was time to re-kick it into gear. Due to the holiday, Sweat360 was offering two equally challenging workouts for the day... either one was sure to kick anybody's b-u-t-t... so I chose to do them both!

8:15A - Powersculpt!
Full class so limited dumbbell options, I chose the 15 pound weights, probably at least 3 pounds too heavy for this type of workout, but other than the Flys, I managed. It was a rough start, I felt really "heavy" this morning... my feet and body simply wasn't moving well... quick feet turned into not-so-quick feet... hmmm maybe not the best day for a double workout. =) As always, I eventually warmed up though, the 2nd half of my workouts always seem better than the first half, it's like the adrenaline finally kicks in. Great class, super exhausted when we finished... 57 minute cardio with weight blast... Now I was ready for Hi Def... (sort of ) =)

9:15A - Hi Def!
25ish troopers this morning for the Memorial Day "soldier" workout. No equipment necessary... which means if you are ready, grab your shoes because you can do this workout from anywhere... =)  I loved seeing my friends for this workout. Daniel, Terrance, and of course Jen... you are rockstars! I also get really motivated to workout when Josh is in class... no way will I ever catch him, but I work all that much harder trying to keep up. Now if only we could get him in the noon classes... =)

After a warm up of a 400m jog, ladder drills, with 50m jogs each round of quick feet, then inch worms... a little stretchng and we were ready to go.

The workout:
400M Jog then 3 rounds of:
50m shuffles
20 pushups
20 jumping jacks
20 squats
20 situps
400M jog to finish us off (litterally)
then we did a little ball passing to engage our core before we were finally done.

I'm pretty sure Josh finished the workout while we were all still in round 2... He rocks, what can I say... by my last 400M jog, I was truely finished... I just kept telling myself, "It's not a race, just keep moving, It's not a race, just keep moving" and I did... 2 hours of sweating for me today, I'm looking forward to what is in store for tomorrow, Hi Def @ Noon... Who's In?

Happy Memorial Day everyone... Thank you to the soldiers, past, present, and future, without you, I wouldn't have this opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment