Thursday, March 24, 2011

D4:14:12.5P2G


Quick Paleo Pancakes

Daily Summary


Wow! What a great day today. Surprisingly productive at work (considering), great company by two great friends, cooking, cleaning, and a great workout… all because the stupid dryer broke for the 3rd time and I had to work from home due to the technician’s four-hour window. Jeff took Bee to preschool for me so I had some extra time getting ready this was the first time I tried a new recipe for breakfast in a long time. Julie came over bearing tons of clothes to go through, I love how she loves to goodwill shop… Since she was here I showed her the recipe that I wanted to make for some friends and some for myself too and since Julie is an amazing cook/chef/food experimenter… took the recipe and added many wonderful spices and slight changes to it with complete ease and wow, did it turn out yummy. I’ll post the original recipe but know that I have no idea exactly what changes she made to it, other than some fresh ingredients, more roasted red peppers and herbs, oh and some red wine, the rest is a mystery. Then she took a recipe that we were both contemplating for some chocolate cookies and reduced the amount of almond butter, used a left over dark choc bar and grated it, instead of chocolate chips, added a tiny amount of raw organic sugar as well as some coconut powder for consistency and some dried cherries we had left over from a salad kit. I’m sitting here at 8P writing my summary of the day, truly satisfied with how this day went. I’m not hungry, I tasted great food and I kicked butt in my workout… now to catch up on some water to rehydrate a little watch a little TV and rest… ahhhh! Oh and I think we’ve decided to give Brazil Grill a try for our anniversary dinner. I’m so excited…(insert giant smile here).

Butternut Squash Lasagna


Input

8A Quick Paleo pancakes with simple fruit compote. Café Americano. Noon-ish. Butternut Squash Lasagna. 2P: Chocolate Cherry cookie. 5P More Butternut Squash Lasagna. I just got back from the gym and will have a small snack later, probably some fruit, or maybe a fruit bar.

Output


Fantastic!
 Due to the WFH scenario I missed my normal noon workout time so I scheduled myself into the 6:30P class. I got there a little early and jogged ¾ of a mile to warm up then I headed for the ropes… I had company, turns out I’m not the only one determined to beat that darn rope! My first attempt was again my best attempt… I think I should stop there. I made it three full pulls up, where I can see the top of the orange wall… I did it really well but my leg above my ankle is so bruised from bad attempts I thought I should try using my other leg.. well let’s just say… that didn’t work… apparently I’m left footed for rope climbing and that’s that. Tomorrow I guess… the rope awaits. Maybe I will remember to take a picture of it or better yet have someone take a picture of me at the top… (yeah right – dreaming). On to the workout.


Double Chocolate Cherry Chunk
 Warmup: Jogging, a variety of mobility drills: kicks, slides, lunges, butt-kicks, etc. Skill: Handstand Pushups! Woo hoo! Any chance I have to be upside down, I’ll take it. A little secret for those of you who didn’t grow up with me… I have spent A LOT of time upside down. Other than the Dotson twins I could out handstand anyone I knew. Because I have this crazy bad back I found a lot of pressure release in inversion training. Let’s just say I’m very comfortable upside down, so hand-stand pushups are fun for me. I did 6 or 7 rounds of 5 or 6 handstand pushups. I use the cork yoga block flat on the ground as my depth marker and I did a few handstands away from the wall as well, just for fun. Workout: One lap around the building then 5 rounds of: 15 Body Weight Squats, 7 Burpees, and 5 Sumo Kettle Bell High Pulls I think I was using a 40-pound Kettle bell… but I’ll have to check the weight tomorrow to verify, I’m not really sure why I didn’t look at the weight. I worked hard all 5 rounds. Stretch & cool down.

Recipes:

Quick Paleo Pancakes (Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf)
2 Eggs
½ Cup unsweetened applesauce
½ Cup almond butter
¼ Tsp of Cinnamon ( I used more like a full TBS, I like Cinnamon)
½ Tsp Vanilla
Coconut Oil

Mix ingredients together (except the coconut oil) into a batter. Heat a skillet and add a little coconut oil. Make pancakes.

Quick Berry Compote - Karie Mawer
½ Cup Frozen mixed berries
Small amount of smashed ripe banana
1 TSP of Pure Maple Syrup

Put together in micro-safe cup and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir together and pour over the pancakes.

Butternut Squash Lasagna

Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
http://www.health-bent.com/treats/paleo-chocolate-chunk-cookies

1 comment:

  1. Correction: My Sumo KB High PUll - 24KG which is my guess of 40 pounds, it's more like 52... I am so Metric challenged.

    ReplyDelete