Monday, March 28, 2011

D8:14:12.5P2G - Monday


The ingredients
Great start to a new week. I even experimented with a new recipe all my own. Okay I looked at a few recipes to get an idea for what I wanted to make and started making the “It can be this Easy – Roasted Root Veggies and Chicken” recipe from everyday paleo but when I did a scan of what I had to make in the house… I started changing it up a bit to meet my needs and what I had ready to cook.

Chicken & Smashed Butternut Squash
½ Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
4 chicken breasts
2 TBS Coconut Oil
Garlic Powder, basil, tarragon, black pepper, and sea salt to taste
Nuts & Seeds (Trader Joes Omega 3 Nuts & Seeds snack pack)
Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400. I use Demarle cooking products and if you’d like to too, my friend Julie sells it… let me know and I will hook you up, because it rocks! Put the cubed squash in the baking pan or in my case my Demarle bakeware and add 2 tbs coconut oil. Demarle does not need any oils or non-stick anything… the coconut oil is actually for taste and added good fat. Place the chicken breasts over the top of the squash and season to taste. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for additional 15 minutes.

In the oven

after chicken was removed from the top
 At this point you can enjoy or… you can take the very moist ready squash out and mash it then add the nuts & seeds pack and sprinkle with cinnamon.


Smashed Butternut Squash
 The recipe made enough for the three of us, plus I cooked the other half of the squash at the same time by adding a little coconut oil and sprinkled it with a cajun spice mix... (I can't wait to have it for lunch tomorrow). We ate all the smashed squash and had chicken but we have enough left over chicken for 2 or 3 more servings... great for snacks and future salads this week.




Other food for today:

Breakfast: n/a

Dinner's Ready
I had a large Americano on my way to work and at work, I brought some chicken sausage to enjoy for breakfast but never got around to heating it up to eat it. Instead I went from meeting to meeting then rushed off to the gym for my noon workout. Not a good idea, and I won’t do that again tomorrow.

Lunch: Turkey Roast Salad

Leftover Turkey roast… gotta use the leftovers… I will probably finish turkey tomorrow, sorry if it is boring but the reality is that I repeat a lot of meals as I don’t like to waste food and easy and healthy is what helps me stay on track. I warmed the turkey and added it to a mixed green salad loaded with chopped veggies, and a tomato salsa, this was a very large salad and hit the spot. 


Turkey Salad

Snack: smashed dried bananas. YUMMY!!! Another café Americano at 4P… uh oh… that might keep me up.

Output: TRX @SWEAT360
Three rounds of 11 different TRX exercises… TRX on Mondays is challenging. I decided to give the Rope one try and only one try… 2 good pulls is all I had, but I think I have this footing thing figured out… it won’t be long before I’m at the top.

Ruthie Bee bits…
While I was preparing dinner tonight, our little chef wanted to make a couple creations of her own: hard boiled eggs and dessert for her and daddy. Other than the removal of the boiled eggs from the stove, her two creations were entirely all her own and she asked me to post these recipes for her.

Boiled Eggs by Bee
Add water to eggs in a pot, bring to boil, reduce to medium and cook for 15 minutes. Cool in running then cold water. Remove from pot. Refrigerate. Crack one egg and peel and rinse. Cut in half length wise with “sharp” knife being super careful. Add small sprinkle of sea salt and crushed black pepper and eat.

Random Dessert by Bee

Dessert for two by Bee
One Strawberry Jello snack cup added to plate and chopped up. One large strawberry cleaned and chopped up and added to jello. Top it with whip cream and add a side of one orange, peeled. Perfect for sharing with Daddy.



No comments:

Post a Comment