Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 1: 15 left

Deciding on a Sunday night to start fresh can be a little challenging... luckily I hadn't completely lost my way so my fridge and pantry are fine for a few days... although the pantry was soooooo out of sorts and needed a fresh start of its own as well...

I don't have pictures of all my food  today... and I probably won't post pics of every single bite... but be forewarned... I might. =)

Monday:

Breakfast @ work 8:45A ish : 2 Hard Boiled Eggs, 1/2 banana, 16 oz Americano with hazelnut cream (made with coconut milk) remind me if I forget to take a picture of my creamer... it rocks!

Lunch 12:15:  Lean Beef Burger patty, tomato, guacamole, red onions, about 2 tsp of organic TJ Mayo all wrapped in lettuce. 24 oz of good ol' fashioned H2O.



Snack 3:30P: One Chicken Sausage: These are pretty yummy I found them at Costco... even better... the only thing is the red peppers are very juicy so this tends to be a messy snack. I slice it down the middle and heat in the microwave (at work), then eat. These are also really good chopped up and added to eggs in the morning. I heat it on the skillet when i'm at home.



Pre-dinner snack: My little Bee was too hungry to wait for dinner so I opened up one of the Cherry Lara Bars that I just purchased but hadn't yet tried... I had a bite... she ate the rest... I've always loved the Creamy Peanut Butter Think Thin bar... but peanuts are a legume so I was looking for a paleo friendly keep in my purse/car/coat type snack that is good for both me and my daughter on the run... The Lara Bar which the ingredients are listed as: Dates, Almonds, & Unsweetened Cherries... (and that's it) is totally Paleo and really really yummy... clearly as my five year old wouldn't give it back to me, that's always a good sign.

Dinner 6:00P "Catfood".... okay it's not really cat food, however it is what my family calls it... Ruthie was pretending to be a kitty and wanted to eat it without her hands one day and forever it will be called catfood... Catfood is really ground turkey burger with taco seasoning... sometimes I season it myself with cumin and some other salt free seasonings... but mostly I simply use "taco seasoning"... I never use the amount they suggest... probably a third of it at most. Once made, Ruthie and Jeff made a burrito out of a whole grain tortilla and their favorite toppings.... I  make a mixed green salad add any veggies I have on hand, tomatoes, broccoli sometimes i add a Trader Joes nuts & seeds pack (the Omega 3 version is fantastic on salads) but today it was nice and simple. salad greens, pico de gallo, mango salsa, sliced avacado, and "catfood". I love this dinner... it is very satisfying.



I spent the rest of the evening cleaning the very messy pantry and making a huge bag of canned foods and sauces that I will donate to the food drive... speaking of... Jill if you are reading, I have two cases of vegemeat and dinner cuts that we are not going to eat... I'm saving them for you, I got them not long ago at the Adventist Book Store... yummy... but not really on my plan... i'm keeping a few in the pantry for special events where I need/want to make some veggie taco soup but the rest needs to be eaten. 

Evening Snack... I had about 1/4 cup of dried fruits while I was cleaning the pantry... drank plenty of water and took my meds... 

That's it for today... I'll take better pictures tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment