Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 9 - 11.5 lbs to Goal: Tuesday: A Lot a Tabata

Roasted Cajun Butternut Squash
Am I the only one that thinks eating will make a headache go away? I don’t know why I think that; maybe it is because if I’m having a caffeine withdrawal headache some espresso usually cures it. I’m proud to say that today, even though I had a frustrating morning and a ticked-off induced headache, I stayed on plan. I did have to stop and think about my food choices and I even noted to myself that food isn’t going to help and drank more water instead. I kept the food choices simple and finished up some leftovers, no wasted food for us this week.

Input:

Breakfast & Lunch
 Dinner for breakfast, the squash just looked too good not to eat this morning, so I cut it in half, heated it up, added some turkey roast and enjoyed it with a cup of coffee. Ruthie boiled egg and a Larabar for a snack. Drank some liquid vitamins in water, then had a repeat of breakfast for lunch but finally finished off that turkey roast… that was a lot of meals with one roast… It was good but I’m kind of glad it’s gone… now I can work on a new recipe. ½ Banana and a raw nut pack before my workout and after stopping at New Seasons on my way home, I didn’t feel very hungry for dinner. I knew I was hungry but after a nice hard workout the hunger was masked a bit. I decided to keep it simple, I sautéed some of the Healthy 8 Chopped veggie mix in a little olive oil, a lot of veggies, added 2 eggs and made a scramble and added a dollop of guacamole. It was fabulous. I may or may not splurge on a little dessert tonight, I picked up some dark chocolate coconut bliss bars… I’m currently not hungry so maybe I will save it for tomorrow.


Leftover Scramble for Dinner
 Output: A Lot a Tabatta
A little jogging, ladder drills, and dynamic drills, then a fast hard AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) in 10 minutes. I completed 8 full rounds with about 15 seconds to spare and breathe…

8 Rounds in 10 Minutes of:
7 KB Swings (54lb KB for me)
7 Slam Ball shouldering (40lbs round 1, 30 lbs remaining 7 rounds)
15 Bodyweight Squats (fast)

Then comes the Finisher: Tabata Sit-Ups

SWEAT360 - HD 5:30P
Tabata is eight 30 second rounds of as fast as you can for 20 secs and 10 secs of rest. You are supposed to go as hard and fast as you can and count how many you get then on each round after you try to meet or beat your original count. Full range sit-ups, my counts: 11, 11, 10, 10, 10, 10, 9, 10

Great workout! I needed that. No rope climb attempts today… I’m rightfully exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment