Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Why I will never buy an appliance from Best Buy ever again!!!

It started when we purchased the front load washer/dryer combo for our new house, nearly 3 years ago… Delivery and install was included, however when they arrived, they considered placing them in the right place installed and would not actually install them. My dad drove up from Eugene to help me install them, not that it was difficult hooking them up but thanks for the nice install Best Buy.


One month later… I noticed that the main reason we bought this particular unit, it’s efficient dryness sensing, that automatically senses when your clothes are dry so as not to over dry them, wasn’t working. How did I know this.. because it wouldn’t shut off and our clothes when it did shut off were hot like fire. We called the customer service who sent a technician about 2 weeks later. We simply put it on the Normal cycle for 40 minutes so that it wouldn’t over-heat while we waited. When the technician came the first time. He immediately said… it’s not the dryer it is the venting. We then argued about the venting because the manual reads that it needs to vent within 50 feet of the dryer and it was venting 28 feet away. Didn’t matter to him… it was the venting and nothing could be done. Nice… oh and he refused to reinstall the vent hose (put it back on) and said and I quote, “When your husband gets home, he can put this back on for you.” Are you f-ing kidding me? was he saying that because I’m a girl, I can’t put a tube on a receiver?!?! I actually complained about that one… A-Hole!

I placed the hose back on the dryer.. and we continued to use it on normal for about a year then poof it wouldn’t start. Called Best Buy Geek Squad, they sent, oh my gosh, the same technician out. Turns out the fuse that controls the heating element blew, he says because it’s not venting properly making it too hot and thus the sensor-technology won’t work. I said we haven’t used the sensor technology because it has never worked and we don’t want to fry our clothes. He replaced the fuse and still said our venting was too far.

Okay fine, my sister and I headed for the crawlspace and were about to re-vent it entirely, but found an indoor method where it vents right into water inside. It seemed to work but it gave far too much moisture in the air to continue long term. Oh and because it was venting only 2 feet from the dryer I turned the sensor back on and guess what… it fried my clothes… smoke literally came out of the dryer. Nice. Back to normal 40 minutes for us. The moisture got to be too much so I actually re-vented the dryer into our entry way 5 feet from the dryer. This lasted about 6 months… fast forward to now… 3 weeks ago… it wouldn’t turn on again.

I called Bust Buy geek squad – they can send a tech out but It can’t be for a week. Same technician comes… I recap the entire issue and my belief that it is a lemon from the beginning the sensors do not work it over heats, and now it is vented 5 feet away… he doesn’t ever remember being here in my house. Really??? I can understand not remembering the situation but no recollection of ever being here??? Last time he was here he saw my inversion table and talked to me about it for about 10 minutes… but now, this is the first time we’ve met… interesting. This time there is no comment on the venting instead, the fuse has blown and the heating element grounded itself so he needed to get two parts to fix it and would be back Saturday AM to do the work.

Saturday was my anniversary and both Jeff and I had plans in the morning… I canceled my plans and waiting for the technician to come or call… at 10:30A I called to find out that the part didn’t arrive so we need to reschedule. WTF!?! Thanks for calling me Best Buy so that wouldn’t have to reschedule my plans… I’m pissed and reschedule for Monday AM. I’m told that if I don’t hear from the technician to call them by 9A. at 3P on Saturday , I get a call from a random parts person letting me know that we need to reschedule the Sat AM appt because my part didn’t arrive on time… Really? No kidding…

Monday AM… I’m doubtful for some reason that I will hear or see him in the AM so I head out to take Rue to school and go to work, at least for the morning. I get a call at 9:20A. The technician is sick today so we need to reschedule for tomorrow instead. Look dude, I’m sorry that you are sick, but schedule another freakin’ person!!! I go to work and proceed once again to move my meetings around and make Tuesday available to working from home… I just want to get this over with…

Tuesday AM…. 9:30A I call Best Buy because guess what… I didn’t get a confirmation from the tech yet. They try to call him and leave him a message, come back to me on hold and tell me that he should call me in the next 20 minutes or so but in 30 minutes to call them back so they can try him again. I have a mtg to attend via phone so I wait an hour and call them back at 10:30A I have to explain the situation all over again, and tell them, I just plain need to confirm he is coming I have another meeting at 11a so please get him on the phone. I then wait on hold for 17 minutes… I get call that goes to my voicemail, then a txt msg from my husband saying that Best buy called them and they need to reschedule… I hung up on the call I was currently on hold for as they were clearly NEVER coming back. check my VM and got an actual Oregon person from Geek Squad telling me that we need to reschedule for today because the technician is sick! Insert head explosion here!!!!

I call her back and in as reasonably kind way as possible I completely freaked out!!! Turns out he is the only technician for this area… his next available appt is Saturday. NO! I asked to speak to a supervisor, they are sending their Washington tech to my house in the morning and if I don’t hear from him before 9:30A I am to call him back directly. How much do you want to bet… he won’t know how to get needed parts to fix my dryer and he will come out here, then have to reschedule???

Thank goodness I paid for the extended warranty for the Lemon that is my dryer… and thank goodness it is so energy efficient and has such great customer service…

No comments:

Post a Comment