Sunday, March 27, 2011

Journal Day 6 of 14 - 11th Anniversary

Brunch:

10:00A Brunch at my house. I have great friends… for some reason I thought we were meeting at 10:30 so when everyone arrived at 9:30 I was still in my jammies, cleaning the house and being super lazy… I thought I had another hour and hadn’t even started my coconut pancakes… but… Julie and Jen came with ready to go food, while I tried on borrowed tops, they made a version of the quick paleo pancakes with added coconut flour, an apple cinnamon compote, loaded eggs, with veggies and roasted red peppers (awesome touch), real bacon, and fresh fruit. I got finished trying on clothes just in time to make us some CafĂ© Americanos and enjoy! Next time I will be more prepared to help… but I love my friends for not caring about the messy house or messy me. We ate and drank coffee, I forgot to take pictures, sorry.

Anniversary Dinner at The Brazil Grill: www.brazilgrillrestaurant.com

11th Wedding Anniversary

Neither my husband or I are the “all you can eat type”, we are more the best food we can get for the right value, we often share food at restaurants to keep the price down and it works for us because portions at restaurants are generally so big it’s perfect for two. This was going to be an experience for us. This is an all you can eat restaurant where the servers walk around with food (meat and pineapple) on long skewers and if you turn your ready sign from red to green, they come directly to your table continuously bringing different types of meats until you turn your read sign red for a break or simply to eat.

Strawberry "something- Brazillian"


I started taking pictures right away and because I use the Hipstomatic photo app, there is a wait to see the images, I just kept taking pictures as the food really comes fast. It turns out my app was set to black and white and I didn’t realize it. Oops… a variety of meat on a plate, in black and white doesn’t actually look very appealing so I don’t want to give you the wrong impression of how good that meat was by posting them.

Our reservations were at 6P, we arrived a few minutes early and already had a full plate of food by 6P. We managed to stay and eat until 7:20P when we left, there is no waiting for anything other than chewing, so let’s just say, we got our money worth.

The Pineapple
I think we tried everything on the menu except the black forest ham, I am not a huge fan of ham so by the time it came to our table, we just passed on it. We started with a small salad with a Brazil vinaigrette, a ½ of a hard-boiled egg with some rose sauce, and a spoonful of Tobouli. They brought us Garlic bread of which we both had only one bite of then it was all meat from there.

• Marinated Prawns
• Chili-Lime Pork Loin
• Marinated Chicken Legs
• Bacon-Wrapped Chicken
• Marinated Lamb
• Linguicia Sausage
• Roasted Cinnamon Pineapple
• Beef Tri-Tip
• Bacon Wrapped Beef Filet
• Mustard Beef Sirloin
• Beef Sirloin

We had a little of everything and a lot of pineapple I think I had 5 pieces of the heavenly sweet cinnamon pineapple. My favorite of the meats were the Mustard Beef Sirloin, and the Beef Tri-Tip. My least favorite was the Marinated Prawns, they seemed to be marinated in salt and it came with the shells on.

We took breaks and talked and by 7P you could have rolled us out the door, but because it was our anniversary, our server brought us an ice cream banana Sunday, with chocolate and caramel sauce on top. We didn’t want to be rude so we tried several bites…

Banana Sunday
 After dinner we headed to Powells, the local, giant bookstore, to walk a little… the weather outside was too cold to go for a walk so this was the next best thing. We finished the evening with a Burlesque show at the Bossonova featuring a live orchestra/big band. It was a perfect way to celebrate our 11th anniversary.

This morning I woke to having only gained 1 pound (probably the icecream/dairy). You know how when you drink too much you feel like it’s coming out of your pours the next day? Does meat do the same thing?

I’ll post our yummy breakfast (basil eggs) and my weekly summary later this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment