Monday, March 28, 2011

D7:14:12.5P2G -- Week 1 of 2 Summary

Fun First week back on Paleo… I was down 4.5 pounds for the week, then I had an anniversary celebration followed by a “Faileo Day”. No worries, it happens. Total for the week is a net loss of 2.5 pounds. Due to the celebration and clear day off I had yesterday… I will shoot for double that loss for this week. I’m looking for 5 pounds to disappear from now until Monday. Pretty steep goal for me, however, I’m still in the pre-stages of being back on track so I think it’s doable.


Fresh Basil Pot from TJs

Yesterday started out great with a great family breakfast of fresh basil eggs and turkey bacon, no recipe needed, simply chop up some fresh basil and add it to your scrambled eggs… this idea came from our friends Ian & Nicole… fresh rosemary is also really good in eggs. Trader Joes currently has their basil pots for $3.99 I think. I can never seem to keep any plants/herbs/veggies alive in our garden, we simply don’t have enough sun due to the season and the giant trees covering our house and yards but these herb pots will stay alive for months and I will add their yummy-ness to many of our meals.


Basil Eggs, Julie's Fresh Guac, & Turkey Bacon

I had leftovers for lunch, some turkey roast and vegetables that Jeff had brought home from a Thai restaurant. Then because the dryer is STILL BROKEN!!!! (long story, let’s just say I am VERY unhappy with the Geek Squad from Best Buy, and that is all I will say for now,) I spent a few hours at two different laundry mats, the first one SUCKED so I found another, this was not how I really wanted to spend Sunday and I think it is what caused my Faileo breakdown… I started getting really hungry, I had brought a couple snacks with me, a Larabar, a pack of nuts and a larger water… I ate/drank them all, but when I got home I was still really hungry at the same time that Jeff and Ruthie were hungry too. What I should have done is made dinner but no, that is not what we did. We decided to try and talk Ruthie into leaving the house, which is not always easy on a weekend, she is such a home-body… she tells us, she will go out to eat but she wants to have Izzys. We have never been Izzys as a family, I haven’t been there since I was a kid, but she went with a friend and really liked that it was a buffet and she could get anything she wanted then make ice-cream after… so in my laziness, I suggested we go to Sweet Tomatoes, I could get a great salad there right??? Well we went, and I got an okay salad, sans any real protein, I stocked up on the Broccoli salad dish, with the nuts and dressing, it tastes really good but most definitely dairy involved, I then had a piece of corn bread, and a fresh hot choc chip cookie that was delivered to our table, then some ice-cream with Ruthie… None of it I was actually hungry for, but it was there… if I would have only had some good filling protein, my evening would have gone much better… oh well… Jeff and I agreed that we are done with All-you-can-eat… forever… or at least a year or more. Even Ruthie ate too much, her tummy hurt and we all went to bed early.

Today is a new day, it’s week two of my committed online journal… after this week you’ll have to let me know what you think, should I continue to journal for the world to see, or stick to adding recipes and randomness once in a while?

No comments:

Post a Comment