Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New Dated Goal!!!

My ultimate goal has a lot more to do with health than a number on the scale.The real goal is to be healthy and pain free and be able to do whatever I want to do without that nagging inside voice that tells me , "I shouldn't do this, I can't do this, this is going to hurt so much tomorrow... " and mostly to be able to play with my daughter and not have her know that Mommy is in pain. It has been a long 3 years, but I can say that right now in this moment, I can... my goal  has been acheived. I'm not in pain. But it is a continual battle and each day is different. I have to be so careful in my workouts and my daily movements, and sometimes I have setbacks, but for the most part, Charlie Sheen, "I'm winning". I thank God everyday for the strength He has given me and for my drive and persistence to keep pushing forward. But all the mushy mushy stuff aside... there is that one number, that I thought was so far out of reach, that suddenly seemed reachable towards the end of last year. I was 4 pounds from "the number on the scale" that I hoped for. Only to slowly and steadily move farther away from it. With my progress last week and my renewed Paleo vision, I think I have the opportunity to reach that goal. Today I scheduled my yearly bloodwork and checkup that my employer funds as part of our health and wellness program. It is one month from today. Friday April 29th. There are no special anniversaries or birthdays between now and then, well there is Easter, but over the last few years I've gotten really good at the large family functions so they don't scare me or throw me off track anymore. Plus, eating Paleo, I can eat, and I like to cook so it just gives me a reason to try a new dish. So, I have 31 days to lose 12.8 pounds... That's aproximately 3 pounds a week so I need to shoot for 4 pounds a week which is honestly doable. 12.8 pounds is my lifetime goal, but it's not all the extra weight on my body that I have to lose, it is a personal goal set much lower than the possible loss for my body. Wish me luck, I will need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment